Wednesday 13 April 2011

My New Nails! Woohoo!

After my recent Superdrugs Spending Spree, I decided to give my nails a rest from all things cute and kawaii, and keep it short and simple, but still with a splash of summery colour.

So here, I've painted my nails in Collection 2000 Hot Looks Nail Colour, in the colour 'Spangles'.

It's a tangy lime shade with plenty of shine, and at £1.79 an absolute steal!

How I prepared my nails:

1. As my nails had false tips, I soaked them off and gently removed any traces of polish and glue from before.

2. I filed my nails into naturally rounded shapes (my nails were already quite short and breaking due to the amount of force applied from the acrylic tips)

3. I cleaned my nails once more, brushing them and applying cuticle oil to soften the skin. I then applied a thin clear base coat to protect my nails from staining.

4. I applied two coats of varnish , allowing a reasonable amount of time in between coats for the varnish to dry. However these enamels dry quite quickly :D

5. I applied another coat of clear varnish and allowed to dry. I then applied my pretty Rhine stone decorations to the corners of my nails and allowed to bond.

6. Once the decorations had stuck, I applied numerous layers of UV and clear glaze to seal the colour and keep the nails strong!

Tips:

~ Wear cotton gloves when cleaning to prevent chipping.
~ Wear gloves when fake tanning to prevent staining!

I also noticed the striking similarity of this nail enamel to one of O.P.I's Shrek polishes... (will find the name)
It saves you over £8 too!

Rate my article on helpfulness (is that a word? Hahaha) below in the comments section, feel free to ask any questions or leave feedback regarding nails!

See the nails below!


No comments:

Post a Comment